Hi loves! 🙂 It’s been such a long while since I’ve filled out one of these on my blog. I have a TON backlogged, going all the way back to May of LAST year and if I remember correctly, I made it a goal of mine to complete them all in 2020. (I know there were some other goals I made, that I may never accomplish but, oh well, I can at least try to knock this one out).
Every Thursday, from now on, you can expect to find another one of these tags on my blog. I won’t quit until I’ve gotten through each and every one! Hopefully, I have them all bookmarked but, if by the end of it, I STILL haven’t responded to something you’ve tagged me in, please, do not hesitate to LET ME KNOW… I may have accidentally let one or two slip!
Thank you to Windsofchange18 for nominating me for my 8th Sunshine Blogger Award!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so that others can find them.
Add the award logo to your blog.
- List the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the award and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog post.
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer recognition for bloggers who inspire positive attitude and joy.”
1. What is your favorite memory when you were a child?
Going to Valleyfair with the entire side of my mom’s family every summer, waking up extra early, getting there right when the park opened. We’d eat in the picnic area before going in, bringing homemade food to share and all kinds of drinks in our coolers that were tightly packed in our trunks.
When finished eating, we’d all run inside, and see how much we’d grown since the last year. We’d measure ourselves on the metal bar, that was the guidance for most of the grownup roller coasters.
My sister, cousins and I would run around the park, getting on rides with each other and our dads, while our moms would grab us treats and hold our prizes, waiting for us at the bottom of each one.
We’d go to the water park area, right in the peak of the afternoon, when the sun was beaming the brightest. Go on all the slides, except the big black one and the straight shooter which we weren’t yet tall enough for. Last on our list, was the lazy river. We’d always hold onto each other’s tubes and create “links” so we wouldn’t get separated. Our moms would have to persuade us out by getting us each a cup of Dippin’ Dots and then, we’d realize, we were hungry. They would get us back out to the picnic area for another round of food, energizing us back up again.
Afterwards, we’d be ready to run back into the park, ride more rides, play more games, and have more snacks. Our final stop was always the Berenstein Bears’ treehouse, where there was a huge area for a full out foam ball war! We wouldn’t leave until the sun set deep into the sky.
2. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be?
I would pick somewhere in Japan for the food, possibly Sapporo OR Amsterdam, Netherlands for the nightlife and coffee shop experience.
3. What is your favorite book?
A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown, always and forever.
4. What season is your favorite and why?
I used to love spring until I moved to Las Vegas and started getting allergies but, the weather is definitely the best. It’s a tie with autumn now.
5. What is your favorite pass time?
Reading, writing, gaming and switching between the 3 whenever I feel like it. 🙂
6. If you could change something in your life what would it be and why?
I would change the fact that there is a deadly virus going around. I think the answer to ‘why‘ is OBVIOUS.
7. If you could bring back something that doesn’t exist anymore what would you bring back?
I know MySpace still exists but, I wish it was as fun as it was in the past. I used to love editing my page, changing the theme, even messing with coding and rewriting my about me and side bar interests over and over again. The interactions were even more exciting, with the photo comments and bulletin surveys, etc. etc.
8. When was the last time you laughed and why?
Not too long ago because boyfriend was saying some (bad) Khmer words I taught him.
9. Are you a night person or morning person?
NIGHT! Even if I’m awake in the morning, I am not “all there” until the sun goes down.
10. What is your favorite beverage?
Water! But if that doesn’t count, coffee!
11. Why do you write?
I’ve always loved writing, I don’t know why. It helps me clear my mind, fills me up with joy. Rereading what I’ve written always makes me feel good, too, it gives me a sense of pride.
My 11 Questions
- What was the last meal you ate? Where did you eat it?
- Do you write in a private journal or diary? If not now, did you ever use to?
- Where would you like to spend your honeymoon and which activities would you like to do? If you’ve already had yours, where did you go and what did you do?
- Is there a certain “type” of person you always find yourself drawn to? (Both friendship wise and romantically).
- What is ONE thing you *must* do every single day?
- Do you enjoy shopping or is it a chore, something you try to get done as quick as possible?
- Are you tall, short, or average? Is the rest of your family around the same or is there someone who is extra tall/short?
- What does your handwriting look like? Feel free to upload a photo!
- Is there an old photo or item that is super special to you, that you will always keep?
- Do you have a pair of shoes that are your “go-to” or do you switch them up to match your outfits?
- What do you blog on? A laptop, desktop, phone, tablet?
To those I nominated, there is no pressure to participate and I promise, no hard feelings, either. ❤ If I did not nominate you, I would still absolutely LOVE to hear your answers to My 11 Questions. Feel free to respond in my comments section or write your own post. 🙂