Hello there my fellow bloggers and blog readers. ❤ Today!! I’m dedicating my post to THANK YOU FOR 2,000 FOLLOWERS. I have truly enjoyed every single minute of writing and sharing on this platform for the past year and a half. Your lovely comments mean the world to me and I absolutely love chatting and connecting with you all. I can’t even count the amount of times you guys have brought a smile to my face and even tears to my eyes! I’m not being over dramatic either, I love you all so much!
Last year, when I accrued 1,000 followers, I filled out a lengthy questionnaire answering a backlog of Awards and Tags. I thought I’d do the same now that there’s a thousand more of you and I have a bunch backlogged again… sooooo, let’s hop to it!
Norrie at Reading Under the Blankie tagged me in my first ever book tag and I have to admit, I’m scared. The Book Blogger Memory Challenge looks like a toughie. I am to answer the questions below without looking anything up on the internet or on my bookshelves.
- Name a book written by an author called Michael
Was the man who wrote Blackbird named Michael Fiegel? Or something like that? I think it was!?
- Name a book with a dragon on the cover
Umm, that blue one called Eragon. I never read it but I remember other kids reading it a lot in grade school.
- Name a book about a character called George
Umm does Curious George count? Lol… Oh! How about Of Mice and Men!
- Name a book written by an author with the surname Smith
I don’t think I know of an author with that surname, to be honest.
- Name a book set in Australia
It wasn’t set in Australia but, Jackie Chan’s parents lived there before they passed and in his memoir Never Grow Up he does talk about the continent a little. 😛
- Name a book with the name of a month in the title
One Day in December
- Name a book with a knife on the cover
I wanna say Strawberry Shortcake Murder by JoAnne Fluke has a knife on the cover. I could be wrong though. Is guessing better than saying ‘I can’t think of one’?
- Name a book with ‘one’ in the title
One Day in December, am I allowed to use that again? It wasn’t stated in the rules that I couldn’t repeat books… so, don’t mind if I do.
- Name a book with an eponymous title
A Man Called Ove— I wanted to say Sadie after looking up the word ‘eponymous’ (for the second time) but I didn’t want to copy Norrie’s answer. 😛
- Name a book turned into a movie
I could name so many but the most recent one I read and am in the middle of watching the movie of is The Spectacular Now.
Wow! I didn’t do so bad, did I? All book cover photos were added after answering the questions (I pinky promise!).
Kate at Live in the Nautical tagged me in the Unique Blogger Award asking me these three questions!:
- Coffee or tea?
Man, I love my tea but, if absolutely had to choose… I’d have to go with coffee!
- Are you a morning or evening person?
- What is something you are excited for?
Meeting Julie and her son this weekend!
I know the fall season is long gone but, that doesn’t mean I can’t answer the 10 Fall Questions Demi at The Lupie Momma tagged me in. 😉
- What is one candle you MUST light every fall?
I like to switch it up but, I do really enjoy the apple pie scent. ❤
- When you think of fall, what does it remind you of?
Colorful, falling leaves!
- What is your all-time favorite fall/Halloween movie?
It’s gotta be Hocus Pocus but, I also love Halloweentown.
- What Halloween costume do you have in mind?
Hmm… it’s awhile away, isn’t it? I doubt I’ll even dress up.
- What is your favorite fall trend?
Those large blanket-sized scarves!
- When you think of fall, what drink comes to mind?
Hot apple cider
- What is your go-to fall beauty product? (A must-have staple!)
Probably face moisturizer, like every other season. 😛
- Do you prefer apple pie or pumpkin pie?
I actually hate both. I am a pecan pie person… why is that not an option here?
- Do you have any fall traditions? If so, tell us all about them!
I don’t really have any traditions. We always celebrate Thanksgiving, if that counts?
- The moment of truth… is fall your favorite season?
Nah, I’m more of a spring/summer gal!
Liz, whose blog has since been deleted, tagged me in a Liebster Award. Thankfully, Cadie at Cadie’s Corner was also tagged by her so I was able to recover the questions and answer them here.
- What’s your most prized possession?
Well, all of my cats, of course. ❤
- Do you believe in ghosts? Tell me why or why not.
I do believe in ghosts. I don’t really have an explanation as to why, I just believe in everything. Like, even aliens.
- Deep dish or thin crust pizza?
Deep dish, deep dish, deep dish!
- If you could have dinner with any celebrity or public figure, who would it be and why?
Umm… I don’t think I’d want to have dinner with any celebs. I’d have nothing to say.
- What are your top three places on your travel/bucket list?
Outside of the U.S., I’d love to visit Japan, France, and the Netherlands.
- Where’s your favorite place in the world?
HOME! I don’t think I’ll ever travel to those three countries ^ because I love being home so much.
- Are you a dog or cat person?
I’m a crazy cat lady. I’m too lazy to care for a dog.
- Let’s settle this once and for all: Which is better, McDonald’s or Burger King?
- What’s your favorite chore and your least favorite chore?
I hate all chores. I refuse to call one my favorite.
Cadie then tagged me in her response and asked me some questions of her own:
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Where did you get your name?
My dad made it up off of his own name, which is ‘Hun.’
- If you could change your name, what would it be?
Hm, I would hate to have to change my name. I love the uniqueness of it BUT, to answer the question… maybe I’d go with something cutesy like… Maple or Olive.
- What was your favorite TV show as a kid?
Ooh, I had a lot but I’m gonna go with Arthur. My mom always said I was D.W. and my older sister was Arthur.
- Do you have any weird habits?
- Do you like fall scents/tastes?
Not all but, a lot of them, YES.
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
I love Valentine’s Day. It’s just such a special and pretty holiday.
- Do your prefer writing it down or typing it up?
It depends on what the context is. I like writing down ‘to-do lists’ but, I like typing up my thoughts.
- Cable or Netflix?
Netflix… I don’t even know how to get my cable to work on my TV. We can only watch it on the iPad and nothing is ever on besides commercials.
- If money didn’t matter, what would you do with your life?
Probably nothing besides shop, eat everything I can find, read all the books, watch all the movies and shows, play games, hangout with my cats, boyfriend, family, and travel travel travel.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Everything? LOL just kidding, just kidding.
I’d saaaaay, my lucious long hair when it’s shiny and soft.
The lovely Emma Kernstein tagged me in a Liebster Award with these 10 questions:
- Heels or flats?
Definitely flats! I’ve never worn a comfortable pair of heels in my entire life except for my work ones.
- Would you rather live in an upstairs apartment or a downstairs apartment?
Upstairs– being downstairs is always too noisy! All the footsteps… ugh, please, no. I’m so glad that we are upstairs but, I do feel bad for my neighbors when my cats wrestle, lol.
- What’s your favorite dish to cook?
Stir-fry noodles because it’s pretty much all I know how to make…
- Summer, winter, fall, or spring?
I like ’em all except winter.
- What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage (or virgin if you don’t drink)?
I love margaritas. They’re my absolute fave but, they are PACKED with calories so I haven’t drank one in forever. I always order Patron mixed with pineapple juice at the bar.
- What was your dream job when you were a little kid?
I always wanted to be a teacher. I would pretend to grade my own schoolwork and read to my “class” of stuffed animals… turning the book around so they could see the illustrations and all.
- What’s your favorite genre of music?
Pop and hip hop
- If you could star in a movie, what would you want it to be about?
I don’t care! I’d star in any movie if they’d have me. 😉
- Do you sleep with a million pillows or just one?
Just one! My neck always hurts the next day if I sleep with more than one.
- If you could own an exotic pet, what would it be?
Maybe a monkey?
Cadie at Cadie’s Corner had a few more questions to ask in the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- How old are you?
23, turning 24 in June.
- What are you currently reading?
A YA novel called Emmy & Oliver. I don’t think I even looked at the author’s name… my bad!
- What is your biggest turn off?
- Which do you prefer: chocolate or fruit-flavored candies?
I could never give up either. I have a different mood for both.
- Who is your favorite person?
My lovely boyfriend… who else would I choose, right?
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written and why?
I don’t want to pick favorites, I think they’re all good… 🙂
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Please, don’t ask me. This the most stressful question ever.
- What is your favorite meal?
Khmer Prahok with Asian eggplants, purple eggplants, cucumbers and white rice
- What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
INTP: The Logician
- How many pets do you have, what are they and what are their names?
I have three cutie cats named Sushi, Benji, and Twinkle Star.
- How do you plan what you will write about?
Whenever I have an idea I write it down. On the days I don’t write a journal entry and I don’t have a review of some sort, I look at that list and decide which idea I want to make happen.
By Mes Mots, I was tagged for another Sunshine Blogger Award.
- What qualities do you look for in your partner?
All the ones my partner has. 😉
- What makes you feel happy the most?
Being home with boyfriend and the cats when all my bills are paid.
- Name 1 country where you would want to spend the rest of your life if given a chance.
I’d have to choose the Netherlands. Come on, you guys know I love my marijuana. 😛
- In 1 word, what describes your blog?
- What is you New year’s resolution?
I never made one.
- Best singer?
Of all time? Christina Aguilera. At the moment, The Weeknd, Demi Lovato, or Halsey.
Laundry and Dishes tagged me in a Mystery Blogger Award with 5 questions:
- What is the meaning behind your blog’s name and how did you decide what to name your blog?
It’s probably not hard to tell that I chose my blog name in a couple minutes, if not, seconds.
- What made you decide to start blogging?
I came across one of those 30 Day Blog Challenges and wanted to contiune writing after accomplishing it and meeting so many lovely people in the blogosphere.
- If you could meet someone famous from the past who would it be?
From the past? As in, they’re dead now? I don’t know. I’m too awkward and unworthy.
- Aside from your blog what is something you have accomplished that you are proud of?
Moving out of state!
- If animals could talk, which one do you think would be the most rude?
LOL, love this question. Hmm… I could see cats or monkeys being the rudest.
And lastly, in a recent journal entry, I gave all of you a chance to ask me whatever questions you had. I received these two:
- Erika wanted to know how I personally grew my amount of followers…
I honestly don’t know but if I had to guess, it’s because I’m pretty consistent about posting every single day and I support my fellow bloggers endlessly.
- And Jennie wanted to know which country I would most like to visit and why?
Japan, to eat all of their yummy snacks and foods!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of those who tagged me and provided me with these fun questions to answer. ❤ I hope I didn’t bore any of you to death! If you had to skip over some of it, I don’t blame you one bit. I greatly appreciate any amount of your time spent on me!!!
Featured Image by Kerri Shaver