I hesitated about doing this award because I don’t feel quite qualified enough to, I guess–who cares about blogging advice from a small-time blogger like me, right? But I have a goal to do each and every award and tag I’ve been tagged or nominated for–I would feel too guilty if I skipped over this one the way I planned to. It was nearly a month ago when I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the super sweet, super cute: Jo@Hello It’s Jo! Thank you so much for the nomination, Jo. ❤
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Share two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Choose 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created
How My Blog Started:
I really don’t know how my blog started. 3 months ago I decided I wanted to write on a public blog everyday and it isn’t like I haven’t decided that I wanted to blog everyday before. I’ve more than once attempted the 365 day blog challenge but the one major difference was that I did not want one person to read what I was writing. Every time I started writing, in the past, one of my “friends” found out some way or another so I’d stop writing the posts all together. Now, I don’t care who’s behind their screen reading this. I’m ready and confident enough to share everything (that I please) with anyone who’s willing to listen/read. 🙂 I started with a blog challenge that I scrolled through Pinterest and found after less than an hour of browsing. I chose a basic “get to know me” type challenge (if you’re interested and don’t wanna go scrolling around my whole blog trying to find it, here’s a link to my first challenge I conquered on my blog: click here) I have discovered so many beautiful and creative authors in the WordPress community that I wanted to continue reading about and learning from. I’m always searching for and finding even more people to read about and learn from.
Two Pieces of Advice I Have For New Bloggers:
- Don’t try to be like everyone else, seriously, please do not. It is always so nauseatingly obvious. Just because someone else has a ton of followers and they run their blog a certain way (and I know you’ll feel the pressure to) do NOT change the plans and posts you have stowed away for your blog. It’s always hard for me to completely engage in your writing when you aren’t exactly passionate about what it is that you’re writing. Honestly, I bet you will all feel the lack of passion in this post right now because I’ve never had the need to offer my advice on blogging…sorry if this post is extra hard for you to finish reading. I hope you know you never have to!! Move on, I won’t blame you, I promise!
- Support. Support. Support. If you love someone’s post, press that like star!!! Send them an encouraging comment that’s personal enough to let them know you’ve actually read their content. Imagine that feeling you get when someone leaves a thoughtful comment on your post–don’t you want to give someone else that feeling with a few simple words of your own?? Even if I don’t get support back from the blogs I really like, I’ll never unfollow them–if I take pleasure in reading someone’s blog, I continue to read all of their posts and I’ll still comment if I relate or especially enjoyed a piece of it–even if they act like I am annoying them, lol. If they ignore ALL of my comments, and don’t even like them–I will probably eventually unfollow because I actually start to get irritated when I see them on my reader and find all of their words annoying. I stop wanting to read what they put out. Maybe it’s a personal thing? LOL. Another piece of advice I would give you though is, don’t take it personally. Everyone blogs differently. 🙂 I’m just too sensitive for my own good, ha.
YOU! If you read this, you have to do it now. Just kidding. Only if you want to. Don’t forget to leave me a comment and let me know if you do do this award–I’d really love to read your answers.