I graduated high school in 2013 and I’ve never attended college but the beautiful Cat@Welcome To My Messy World Blog has nominated me for this tag and she changed up the questions a bit so that I’d be able to answer them! School buses are driving around again and that’s pretty much the only way the whole “back-to-school” season has been impacting me.
If you’ve never visited Cat’s blog before, you can do so here! I love reading her posts, they are always so fun! I’ve no doubts that you’ll enjoy them as well!
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Answer all of their questions.
- Write new questions (or re-write the old ones).
- Tag as many (or as few) bloggers you’d like to answer your questions!
1. Did you like school?
While I was in school, I just hated it so much. I rarely ever went at all during my senior year. I could never stay up… I’d always fall asleep even if I wanted to learn. Sometimes I’d sit in the bathroom and play games on my iPod touch or read a book– every so often, but not too often, I’d write myself a pass to the library and read in there instead of going to class. I regret not liking school.
2. Have you ever been homeschooled?
3. What was your favorite subject?
I loved all sorts of English classes, I especially loved the elective I chose to take senior year: Memoirs. The class was always interesting and the teacher was amazing. If I was actually at school; I would never skip this class for the bathroom.
4. What was your least favorite subject?
My least favorite subject was gym class. Believe it or not, we had written quizzes in gym class at my high school but that’s not why I hated it. I hated changing clothes and moving around and working in teams all the time. Everything about gym– I despised.
5. What was your worst day in school?
I’ve had so many bad days at school. I guess the day I snorted a line of H in the bathroom stall and screamed and cried on the phone to my bf (at the time) about needing to leave school but he wouldn’t find a way to come pick me up. Then, a lunch aid heard me and tried to make me talk to the school counselor. I was so stressed out.
6. Did you do any sports in school?
No way. I did cheerleading when I was in like 3rd grade but I don’t think it was for the school. My mom got sick of bringing me after less than a month anyways.
7. What did you usually have for lunch at school?
Whatever was on the menu. I never minded school lunch and there was always more than one option. When I lived in Bothell, Washington though– that high school’s lunch was ridiculously luxurious. It was like a café with all of their delicious options. K and I would always get a salad or sandwich that we could choose all the toppings and dressings for.
8. What time did you have to wake up in order to get to school on time?
I would wake up with enough time to brush my teeth and get dressed, maybe brush my hair. In Washington, we had to catch the bus so I’d have to wake up at 5:30a and when my dad brought me in Minnesota, I had to wake up around 6:30a.
9. Did you have good friends?
Not really. I had K back then, but now she’s only interested in me so she can gossip about me with other people. All of my other “friends” in high school were ones that I got high and drunk with every time we hung out. Half of them are still in a mess, only a much bigger one, the rest of us are tidying up– we all had to go our own ways…
10. What are your overall thoughts on school?
It’s a privilege! If I could go back in time, I’d drink a Red Bull or something every morning so I could actually listen to and learn everything on the curriculum.
Answer questions below according to when you were in High School.
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
- What was a project you worked on that you really enjoyed and were super proud of the outcome?
- Did you ever participate in the Science Fair?
- Did you enjoy reading aloud to your class when it was your turn to or did you absolutely hate it?
- Did you ever get suspended or expelled?
- Did you prefer to write with pens or pencils when taking notes?
- Did you prefer multiple answer questions or short answer/essay questions on tests?
- Did you ever cheat on a test? How?
- Did you ever fall asleep in class?
- Did you eat school lunch or bring your own?
You are, by all means, not obliged to do this tag! I am particularly interested in knowing your answers if I have tagged you but no hard feelings at all if you choose not to participate. If I haven’t tagged you, please feel free to do this tag anyways and make sure to leave me a comment below to let me know you’ve done it so I can read your answers!